Saturday 27 July 2013

This Is "Not The End" so "Don't Stop Believin'"

Friday July 26th - the day I had been counting down to since mid-May. The day I knew that I would return home to Canada for good. The end to my adventures abroad.

My journey home began with a trek to Heathrow Airport with my bags - 2 full size, 23 kg bags of luggage and 2 carry on bags. I wouldn't have managed to get it all to the airport without the help of Phoebe. I am so grateful for your help and so glad that you came with me to the airport!

When I was checking in to my flight, I even saw one of my students! Neha from a Year 3 class at Stanburn where I did weekly PPA supply was there with her family so she said hi. That was an unexpected yet touching farewell that made me feel pretty good and special inside.

I checked my bags, making it through with no overweight charges! Woo! Phoebe and I had breakfast together, and then I made my way through security to my flight gate. The only time I really panicked was after I went through security, my flight had boarding status but I needed to buy a bottle of water and some gum for the flight, and after I purchased that my flight status said "closing" so I started to panic and walk super fast to my gate, even though it was only 10:30 and my flight didn't leave until 11:05. Thankfully, I made it my gate and I was just at the end of the line to board with a few others who had been hustling to the gate!

The flight went smoothly, although it did feel slightly long and boring. I watched two and a half movies - Wreck It Ralph, Admission and a bit of The Croods (I fell asleep after I started it).

I made it to Toronto early, so I didn't rush through immigration or baggage claim as I was worried I'd be finished and my greeters wouldn't be there yet!

And Phoebe, I managed to pay $2.00 on my credit card for a buggy so I didn't have to struggle with my bags after baggage claim, or find someone to help me! lol

I was so happy to be on Canadian ground, and thankfully Denise was there with a "Welcome Home" balloon and a 2 pound bag of Fuzzy Peaches for me! My Mom and Clint arrived shortly after. There were no tears just big hugs and smiles!

We went to Jack Astors nearby for food after, where I had poutine. Yum yum! :)

It feels so good to be home. Now, I can spend the weekend getting settled in to my parent's house. I've been telling myself that this is not the end to my adventures, because through this past year I feel like my positivity and enthusiasm for life has only increased. This is my next adventure - living at home, starting my library job, going back to school possibly, and enjoying a life here in southern Ontario. I think it's going to be pretty awesome, and I'm excited for what's to come. I won't stop believing in my dreams or following my heart. You only live once so you might as well live the best way that you can. Just enjoy it, stay positive, and remember that everything always works out in the end. Even though, this is not the end - It's just a new beginning.



No comments:

Post a Comment