Monday 15 July 2013

Just 11 Days to Go...

Even though I enjoyed my day to Brighton, it also brought up some homesick feelings. Perhaps it was that I had a family history connection to Brighton, or just the fact that I knew my parents had travelled to Brighton too on their England vacation in 2005. But it all started when I passed by Gatwick airport on the train ride to Brighton and I saw all of the airplanes taking off, carrying people to their homes, or on vacations, holidays, and business trips.

It just made me yearn to be on an airplane making my journey home. I know I can get through these last days, enjoying my last times with my friends here and soaking up as much of city life as I can. But its hard when I feel so ready to be home.

This is my last week working for Vision Teaching. I know I can make it through that too, but it's getting harder and harder to wake up and wait for a morning call for supply work. Especially when the chances of work are slimmer and slimmer because it is the last full week of school. I used to love the spontaneity of a day, not knowing where it will take you, but from doing supply teaching I have learned that I actually like predictability. I like knowing where I am going to work, when I have to start my work day, and relatively what my day will be like. Of course there is always room for surprise, but the core activities of the day need to be set. Thankfully, I have some days booked this week for work but not knowing what school you will be at, or what year group you will work with? That's just too challenging for me to face somedays. Especially this close to the end. You would think that maybe it would be easier because I know I just have a few more days of it, but it's not. It's harder. Because I am ready to be finished of it.

In 11 days, I'll be home. Thank goodness. And in the words of Denise Michaud "Stay strong. Who cares what you need to do to get you through these 11 days. Do what you need to do".


No comments:

Post a Comment