Monday 15 July 2013

A Day By The Seaside....

On Sunday, July 14th a group of Aussies and Canadians packed up their things for the beach and headed to Brighton, a popular seaside town.

The weather was beautiful, with a high of 30 degrees and gorgeous sunshine.

Brighton has been a place I've wanted to visit, as in 1906 my great grandma left from Brighton on a ship and made her way to Canada with my great great grandparents. So, there's a little bit of family history on my Mom's side of the family there.

We arrived at the seaside around 10:30 am, after a train ride from Victoria Station and a walk from the Brighton Station to the water. We decided to set up camp on the beach, and rented sunchairs for £4.00 each to use. A great investment, as it wouldn't have been very comfortable to relax on the rocky pebble beach for long.




Kelly & I enjoying the sunshine!

I did head down to the water once. I'm not a big fan of sea, ocean, rivers, lakes or water of that kind. I guess I'm just too afraid of creatures living in the water. I've seen to many scary water movies! But I did go in and walked in up to my mid thighs. The water was very cold though! 

I enjoyed a fish & chips lunch, although my fish & chips wasn't wrapped in newspaper. I was too hungry to venture too far to find this requirement, so I just went to the closest place. It was still tasty though! 


The buildings on the cost to the right...


...and the buildings on the coast to the left.


Around 2:30 pm, we decided to pack up camp and walk around. We headed over to Brighton Pier first. 



We walked down the Pier and back, just taking in the atmosphere and seeing what was there. The Pier features amusemant park rides, arcades, food stands and sweet shops, as well as a few benches and chairs for people to sit in. 


You can see the pier in the distance in the picture. 

After exploring the Pier, we headed to an area with shops called North Laine. We walked around for a bit. I enjoyed some yummy frozen yogurt here. Then, as we were all tired and ready to sit down and relax, we went into a pub for drink. That is where we stayed until about 5:30 pm when we headed back to the station to catch our trains home. 

I enjoyed travelling outside of the city of London to a place that I have wanted to see since I arrived.  As potentially my last day trip outside of London on this adventure, it was a great one!





No comments:

Post a Comment