Tuesday 23 July 2013

A Royal Baby Is Born!

Finally, the moment that so many Londoners, Brits, and individuals all over the world were waiting for...the birth of the Royal baby!

I have been checking twitter like a mad person for the past two weeks, waiting for any report of the Duchess of Cambridge going into labour. So, when I awoke yesterday morning to find a tweet that reported Kate to be in the early stages of labour, I was so excited!

As the day passed I continued to check my twitter like a mad person, and finally around 8 pm there was an announcement that the Prince of Cambridge had been born! (Let me just say, I really wanted a girl...to be honest, I pretty much wish that every baby is a girl and then I just deal when it isn't but anyways, that's all I will say on the disappointment I felt about a prince).

It's pretty special to be able to say that I was in London when the Prince of Cambridge was born and that the 9 months that Kate was pregnant were 9 months of my adventure abroad. It's a great way to be able to reminisce and historically mark this year in my life.

So, this morning I woke up and headed straight to Buckingham Palace to take a photo of the official birth announcement. The announcement is only displayed for 24 hours which makes it that much more special for those who are able to go and see it in person.

I was very glad to see that London was organised enough to have started a que for a photo of the birth announcement. I was expecting pure madness around the palace, and a Canadian near me in line said that it was just that last night - MADNESS! So, well done London for assembling security and employees to monitor a sensible line for those of us lucky enough to be in London at this time and have a chance to go and take a photo.



And here it is! 


I'm glad I got to the Palace around 9 am, because I can only imagine how busier it would get and how much longer the wait would be if I had gone later!


No comments:

Post a Comment